he penalties range from as low as Dh3,000 and go up to Dh50,000 depending on the offences committed by the entities or individuals.
- As per the new regulations, if the person fails to keep required records and other information specified in the laws will be fined Dh10,000 in the first instance and Dh50,000 in case of repetition.
- The law further states that if the person fails to submit data, records and documents related to tax in Arabic to authority when requested, he would be penalized Dh20,000.
- The failure of the applicant to submit a registration application within the timeframe specified in law will be fined with Dh 20000.
- The failure of the registrant to submit the deregistration application within the time frame will be fined with Dh.10,000.
- The failure of the Registrant to inform the Authority of any circumstance that requires the amendment of the information pertaining to his tax record kept by Authority will be fined with Dh 5000 for the first time and Dh. 15000 in case of repetition
- The failure of the Registrant to submit the Tax Return within the timeframe specified in the Tax Law will be fined with Dh1000 for first time and Dh 2000 in case of repetition
- The failure of the Taxable Person to settle the Payable Tax stated in the submitted Tax Return or Tax Assessment he was notified of, within the timeframe specified in the Tax Law will be fined with 2% of the unpaid tax is due immediately once the payment of Payable Tax is late and 4% is due on the seventh day following the deadline for payment, on the amount of tax which is still unpaid and (1%) daily penalty charged on any amount that is still unpaid one calendar month following the deadline for payment with upper ceiling of (300%).
- A Person not accounting for any tax that may be due on import of goods as required under the Tax Law will be fined with 50% of the unpaid or undeclared tax.